Username:

Password:

* TFW Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Krisper: Happy Halloween everyone! Sorry for the Houdini act on my part as well. I have also not forgotten about yall! Will try to get back in the swing of things soon.
    October 31, 2017, 08:18:08 AM
  • soldier: Hey everyone, i know i have been promising to post, and i been slacking on that promiss greatly. Things have just be crazy in life, and i have not forgot about any of yall!
    October 24, 2017, 06:02:29 PM
  • Wenchie: My heart goes out to Las Vegans being from Orlando, I know this pain and fear all too well
    October 02, 2017, 07:56:34 AM
  • soldier: Yeah ipads aint that fun! I have to use one in class, and its a pain to try and navigate.
    October 01, 2017, 10:33:19 PM
  • Wenchie: Goodness I hate typing on an iPad in the back seat of a car!!!! Sorry for the choppy messages peeps!
    September 28, 2017, 08:22:23 AM
  • Wenchie: Be slow responding when classes start
    September 28, 2017, 08:21:23 AM
  • Wenchie: of teaching after completion) GREAT DEAL!!!! So will likely be so
    September 28, 2017, 08:21:05 AM
  • Wenchie: -Martin so going for that (payback = 3 years in
    September 28, 2017, 08:19:48 AM
  • Wenchie: So this week: house adjusters came out yesterday need a new roof; took off from yesterday thru next Wednesday to get things done for driving trip and get a call to get more $$$ to teach another class; AND got an offer to have my Masters in Ed paid for by Lockheed
    September 28, 2017, 08:19:02 AM
  • Wenchie: Glad to see ya checking in, been busy so I haven't kept up with the threads I was doing
    September 28, 2017, 08:16:50 AM
  • Wenchie: Glad to see ya chec,I
    September 28, 2017, 08:14:56 AM
  • soldier: So glad you are safe wen! sorry about the absencse. i will get post in soon!
    September 28, 2017, 01:09:27 AM
  • Wenchie: finally got power back and taking a small break from the clean up :) miss you guys!
    September 12, 2017, 01:41:54 PM
  • Wenchie: Sitting here without power; trees need new haircuts; roof survived but need to get it replaced; one side of house the aluminum siding came off so have to put it back
    September 11, 2017, 10:59:21 AM
  • Wenchie: Jillian is doing well after Harvey, I and Marchosias's creator are bracing for Irma
    September 06, 2017, 09:05:37 PM
  • Wenchie: heard from Jillian, she and her family are weathering TS/Hurricane Harvey okay.
    August 27, 2017, 04:53:29 PM
  • Wenchie: doing pretty good, making sure I am relaxing on weekends, using my creative flow to do so.
    August 27, 2017, 03:58:26 PM
  • Krisper: *hope you're doing well
    August 23, 2017, 09:12:15 AM
  • Krisper: Hey! Sorry, I'm here too. No real excuses but the usual. Will try to get a post or two in cause I do miss the rp and you guys! Congrats on the job and the BYU acceptance! And your doing well too Wenchie!
    August 23, 2017, 09:10:42 AM
  • Wenchie: do what you can, I start back to work in the AM 5-6 days a week once Saturday (real) school starts... glad y'all are okay and doing well. Congrats on the new job and kill it at BYU
    August 13, 2017, 05:36:05 PM

Author Topic: Russia: Western Russia gets a new Tsar  (Read 493 times)

Offline Frigga

• Vassal
    • Frigga Toov
Russia: Western Russia gets a new Tsar
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:14:27 PM »
From within the house of Odin, the young viking female warrior in training woke from her slumber with a start. She saw Cyril readying to take off South, which she got a scant explanation of. But it wasn't something that her mind would allow to go unanswered and she rose and made sure she was appropriately dressed, both for warmth and comfort as she'd been there long enough now to have had the appropriate clothing made. She took to walking through the halls wherever her mind took her. She looked to the murals remembering tales her mother and father both told her. You would have thought them bards as the newest embodiment of Sif came to recite them with quiet battle tunes.

Frigga's thirst for knowledge and curiosity led her down toward the halls that would lead to the dungeons. There was a slight pull toward her formerly born's beloved companion which is why she passed through several layers of guards nearly unseen and without a single obstacle. She came to the cell where Loki was attempting to get answers out of who she came to know as Heimdahl, trying to torture him out of the state that Odin had put him in to know what was needed to be known for Odin's sons as they traverse the world within them. In a break of noise where the silence seemed deafening, Frigga's voice came across in an older version of Norse than had been spoken in near a millennium. "Seth. This will not help him. It is your father's will that has taken control of the Gatekeeper."

The silence would remain as she watched Loki's reaction. She'd was not completely herself, something that was well known and spoken by Odin before, her tie to the Nnorns, the sighted, in her former life she'd birthed two of them. She waited for Seth to approach her before she spoke words she knew not why to him.

"My beloved Trickster. Your mortal home is safe, but it is not the home you will hold before the High Festival. The Tsars, they have been tainted, and their Aesir and Vanir blooded guardian has escaped south. You must take it over from those of the fangs before your next companion comes to call. This is where Cyril will find you and where you will protect the next generation of Lykke through the son you thought you'd lost through Randolfr."

Her left hand would come to the side of his face and she would give him a smile that could melt the icebergs of all the north. She took a breath, "You must remove all that is inhuman from the Czar's home and start over, now... go, quickly... You need to become the new Tsar before the High festival... " She would tell him as her hand dropped and she moved over to a barrel beside the cell that Domiel had been taken to. She climbed up and leaned against the bars and looked to the tall Fallen posed God. Closing her eyes only after she watched Seth take off to do as bid, she would fall into rest for a short time while waiting for the next episode in her young life.

Offline Kron

• Vassal
    • Loki
Re: Russia: Western Russia gets a new Tsar
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 05:40:57 PM »
It never ceased to amaze the near Ancient Fallen just how messages of import found their way to him. Was this is father's doing? Looking about, he didn't think so. He knew his daughters lent to the idea of the Nnorns for the humans, but he'd not known them to be able to control a human completely. He listened to her words and realized that Fate was giving him a mission to expand not only their kingdom but their strangle hold on this area against demon meddling. After the battle for Skala, this mission was not entirely a surprise. Where the human Tsar had been ....

As she took a moment's breath he glanced to the one who portrayed Heimdahl. He had been far too careless lately. First his son and daughter were vanishing and passing through their borders without being caught, then Skala had been invaded to where his daughter was dethroned and she had long enough to have a child? After this... his brothers, David and Ragnar, were down south battling for the lands his youngest brother took a bride from. What else had he missed? What else had been hidden from him? He was suddenly brought back to the little form his former bride had taken this lifetime as she spoke of the reason he needed to go there and take control.

He was far from understanding how she could know such things, how his daughters could not such things to tell him. It nearly made him become unglued as his mind went to the wrong place. His hand moved to snatch her about the throat but she started to move to a place of rest. He looked betwixt she and Heimdahl and took off before he stabbed the girl several times through the heart since her blood was half his lineage. "Oh she will make a fine witch. Father needs to release her to me at the festival." He stated as he rushed through Odin's Valhalla home for the balcony. Since the girl was below, he was not worried about unfurling his wings and shooting into the night sky.

His next landing spot would be the battlements of the Tsar's fortress, a place that seemed mostly abandoned already.
"What's the matter, silver tongue turn to led?" Volstagg to Loki, in the presence of Gate Guardian Heimdall

Offline DC Viking

• Vassal
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:33:10 PM »
The signs had not been kind to the Fallen Angel trying to protect the Orient from demonic takeover. Waiting for the former non-human lord to return with the next of human regents had become loathsome and for Rachiel that was saying much. Finally she made the three top military commanders the regents over who everyone saw as Emperor and made it to where it seemed as if the Emperor was ill with an incurable ailment and she would be searching the ends of the known Earth to find a cure. The Military leaders were given very specific instructions and a letter was left for the God of the Orient and or his regent, both she knew well enough to draw a sketch of them for the commanders.

Rachiel then left to sure up the borders to the north and west where she had last received reports of the demons attempting to take control. With furious flight, she was there within a day with only three brief stops. She landed in the tower she used to use to ensure she wasn't seen, but seeing demons within the Tsar's home, she was far from pleased. She came down to place her shoes on the frozen earth to lock eyes with a demon that she was unfamiliar with. Luckily it wasn't an Archon, else she would have had immediately been in a tussle. Taking control of their minds she was able to get every single demon there to leave only to find that the humans within the Tsar's home and the Authurian family of Vampires had been all destroyed. She looked around quickly for the girl that she had met and been curious of and the Tsar had kept away from her. The girl had been far too intriguing for a human and had two abilities that she'd not experienced outside of her own race.

Waiting for a sign from the Orient that she needed to return, Rachiel would not be joined by anything or anyone that wasn't human for near a week, and the ones that first showed was a Valkyr that looked Oriental himself and a very light-haired female. They felt familiar, but she couldn't place it. In a thick robe, she moved from the area that the Tsar's wizard used to occupy, straightening up as she wouldn't allow any humans in the area that she could not sense magical abilities. The Cossack maid that came running in to tell her someone had arrived looked at her strangely as she was already moving toward the courtyard.

"Who goes there?"  Rachiel demanded in the Cossack language.

As Cyril landed with the sleeping Persephone in his arms in the middle of the courtyard, "Cyril, servant of Loki, Dark  Lord of the Northmen. A former prisoner of the minions from Helheim needs refuge as she was not to have been taken according to any of the Helheim gods or goddesses."

The moment dark lord came from Cyril's lips, Rachiel's hand moved to the blade she had hidden underneath her robe. "We do not need anymore darkness here." She stated sternly.

Cyril began to chuckle at that. "You do realize it is about time for Loki to return and put this castle back under his protection, along with this woman who carries his grandchildren." He glanced down to Persephone who was still sleeping. "I was told by the Fates to bring her here so she was safe and would not be able to find her way back to the demonic entity who brainwashed her."

Rachiel did not seem to believe him until one of the servants came out and bowed to Cyril. It was one of his own blood. So diluted from generations of mixing with humans, he had no magical abilities. "Grandfather," was spoken with reverence. This made Rachiel to do a double take. Realizing that this man had many qualities of the one that had just landed.

"Here they do not see us as Gods, just as protectors that cannot be here all the days of their lives. They need our counsel once again. Loki did not heed the signs, but with my message from the Fates of his homeland, he should be here soon enough and from there you will be able to speak with him to determine if you can stay or go." Cyril spoke quite plainly as he started walking with no further hesitation, speaking with his descendant now, "Please get a room below ready. The one the Tsar's seer used to occupy when she behaved. This one is not permitted to leave, she is in a delicate predicament. She must be guarded and protected at all times."

"Yes Grandfather." The demeanor of the lad was not broken as he led Cyril below. The room was always kept clean, but now it would have clothing that would fit this female versus the one that was formerly there. As Cyril put her upon the bed, being watched no less by Rachiel, the servant made an observation that got both their attention and would be filed away for later. "Forgive me grandfather, but she looks like the paintings you did of your father while you where here last."

Cyril could not ask his father now, but he would soon. He had to wait for his uncle to show before he could tear toward the south and ask his father if he had a daughter he didn't tell him of. If his father couldn't answer him, perhaps Anouk knew. Suddenly his attention was thrust upward as he heard a hard landing. His eyes looked to Rachiel, or where she was standing just moments before, he rose seeing that she had taken off without him. Oh this would be good if she went to confront Loki on her own. He gave a sly grin before he walked out of the room, closed the door and turned a lock upon it so it would be more difficult for her to get out, especially if she wasn't used to such things.

Rachiel used her training and speed to sneak up on the trickster who she had yet to meet during her few visits here. She didn't trust anyone with wings, fangs, fur, a heartbeat even, not until she could read them. Her blade came to his throat before he could turn and she whispered in his ear. "Friend or Foe?" What she got in return for an answer, floored her and Cyril both as he came out just in time to see his Uncle....

Offline Kron

• Vassal
    • Loki
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:10:53 PM »
Loki had just furled his wings back and hid them knowing that if there was anyone there, he would need to hide what he was as he had in the past. Frigga had been far too clear about what he would find here, but he didn't get a chance to search out all these things, someone had jumped much more quickly than he. He had only just felt his eldest nephew and follower when he felt a dagger at his neck. The voice made his mind delve into areas he truly hadn't thought about but had gone through the motions with mortals trying to keep his lineage pure and virile. The move elicited a deep purr from the chaotic hearted male. "I am who will control this area as soon as you get your dagger away from my throat..."

With that he grabbed the offender's forearm and with a pair of steps and a spinning thrust, Seth easily had the woman's dagger at her own throat in her own hand against the closest battlement tower wall. He pinned her as she started off struggling to get out of his grip, but his eyes finally caught hers and lured them in. "What are you doing here? Who are you?" 'my bedfellow if i have anything to say about it' There was a sly grin that form as she suddenly settled down, though he couldn't know she was just trying to get him off his guard either.

Suddenly there was a shout from below, "UNCLE!" Cyril made the grin grow in size as he was followed by three of the servants still there. Cyril's hands came out to stop them from interfering and he murmured, "You do not wish to interfere with the actions of a God, even if he is not from here." Now he knew that they were well knowledgeable of the Fallen, though to them they were just angels. They had been put through the paces with the vampires and demons as the stench was still slight within. "The Tsar's home is clear of all but my siblings and my descendants... the red-head is even gone!"

That got Loki's eyes to unlock from his attacker's and look below. That sly grin diminished. "Is her blood left within?" He asked in the native tongue of Valhalla as if to hide what they were talking about from someone who didn't know.

"She escaped Lord Loki," Cyril's male descendant spoke, having been old enough to be of use and give reports in a language unknown by the Tsar's people except the red-head. "A few days later, wings and horns came and removed the fangs from this domain."

Loki's eyes moved between the elderly male and his nephew, just before he grunted and groaned as his captive landed a very well placed knee. He stumbled back as he was then shoved away from her. She snapped at him in the language they were speaking in, "Being coy and being secretive. I am looking for my mother... and the girl who was here who said she was visited by her and given a way to escape from her when no one was looking!" The good natured female Fallen showed an explosive temper that very few could hide.

The wind picked up at that moment and her eyes seemed to be set aflame, but not in the mindset of a Fury, as her right hand suddenly shot outward and she pointed to a male hiding behind a pile of hay. Her voice turned into a growl as she spoke, "Step forward demon."

Jerking forward out of his hiding spot, the Toran that had not hidden well enough because of the severity of his injury, fell toward the ground on three of four limbs as the fourth limb curled to his gapping stomach.
"What's the matter, silver tongue turn to led?" Volstagg to Loki, in the presence of Gate Guardian Heimdall

Offline DC Viking

• Vassal
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 09:43:14 PM »
"Where is the Tsar's girl?" Rachiel demanded from the demon.

The Toran couldn't understand it, but he answered her without hesitation. "The servant was correct. She has been gone for months now. The last of the Tsar's prisoners from his territory." He motioned toward the one that had been titled Loki. It didn't seem to both him at first that he was talking to a supposed God and his people.

Cyril's eyes widened as he heard what the demon said. "Go inside," he whispered to the small gathering of now six servants that had come to see what the commotion had become. His eyes moved about the courtyard slowly making sure there weren't any other hiding demons.

"He is the only one. They probably left him either for dead or soon-to-be." Rachiel's face was as serene as her eyes were intense. She moved very slowly toward the demon, keeping her emotional state level as she held the Toran's attention near as well as an Archon. Cyril, the humans, and the one called Loki were put out of her mind long enough to gain as strong of a hold as possible after this. "Where are they?" She demanded again.

"The Archon that wanted control of this area came and took all his subordinates and the vampires southward. He said this territory was no longer of value since the Tsar lost the girl." He coughed up blood as he struggled to get out of Rachiel's control and the pain added to his weakness.

"Is that all you know?" Rachiel's voice almost sounded as if she was about to growl. "Did he find the witch?"

The question got Cyril's attention and made him look to his uncle, who seemingly disappeared.

"No. He didn't know she fell here. He wants her almost as much as he wants his thorn. If he did, you would all be prisoners n....." gurgle, gurgle, gurgle...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:09:37 PM by Wenchie »

Offline Kron

• Vassal
    • Loki
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »
It had been a while since Seth had dealt with a female Fallen outside of his family. When Rachiel landing the groin shot and got out of his hold he would have gone after her again, but he realized just what she'd picked up on. The female was turning out to be quite the number. His mind started drifting until she started asking questions of the demon and he noticed the power she had over it.

His eyes narrowed slowly. There was something about her that was very.......... very familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it. The eyes... the hair... the voice. There was a memory that was just below the surface, but as always, he was having a hard time putting his finger on what he knew before his father found him.

The fact that the Archon was looking for one of the northmen far from pleased him and the last question about the witch made the trickster's blood boil, though he didn't know why. The next thing he remembered was holding the Toran's head in his right hand and his sword in his left, his face covered in the blood that had splashed from the action, and his eyes were slowly returning to a normal human color from the chaotic solid black that had taken over.

"What.... witch?" Was the only words that he could muster as he calmed. His eyes were fixed on the female he didn't know as his hands returned to his side and he dropped the head atop the Toran's body. The chaotic storm within them was not hidden, and depending on what the answer was, could determine his next move.

Cyril seeing his uncle in this state, suddenly moved into an offensive and defensive state, uncertain what his uncle's mind was coming up with to make him link to his internal chaotic nature. "Uncle?" Cyril questioned quietly, but only got a wave of his now empty hand to come to silence.

"As I said before... My mother," was the answer given and no further explanation.

Loki and Rachiel were suddenly locked into a staring contest neither seemed to want to lose. Seth's voice came across both quietly and authoritatively, "Cyril, go back to guarding the girl. I will watched after the one you were sent for. Return when Odin has no further use for you or I shall see you at the High Festival." He took a step forward to test Rachiel's resolve. "But start reporting nightly, even if to say nothing of consequence is happening."

Offline DC Viking

• Vassal
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:02 PM »
"Aye sire." Cyril gave the pair one last look before unfurling his wings and leaping for the sky and moving high into the clouds. He circled several times before he headed back toward his grandfather's halls. He knew if he stayed, he would change the motion that was occurring between the two coherent Fallen that he just left.

Cyril knew he needed to return and take care of the young Frigga with her trainers MIA and with Odin out and about in the Kingdom. He wasn't certain that Odin was knowledgeable about the expansion that was happening, though he did see the opening of a very large door should this be backed by the family. The appearance of the one looking for her mother was only a sideline. He was certain she was only there temporarily since her armor was more from where her mother's distance advanced human children roamed, the Orient, where there had been an Authurian in charge last time he even bothered venturing there.

Meanwhile back where Cyril'd left Persephone for Tofi, Rachiel stood her ground, in fact, she set her chin astern as she felt the challenge in Seth's movements. Her eyes nearly set aflame at the temptation of such things. She'd not had a challenge is so very long, in fact much of her life was leaving her and had been since she didn't follow Auriel's advise, that when she came of age she needed to go home. The opening of the portal to the Marakai was speeding up the process. There was little she remembered about the last day she saw her birth mother.

Rachiel's eyes followed Seth's movements until she would have had to turn to continue following him. She remember steadfast in her stance and when he came back around her and his eyes peered down into her own, the curiosity showing within them, a curiosity that was more properly fueled than the males she normally dealt with, she spoke in a courteous tone. "I remember little about her, not since I heard the portal opened. She gave me life and before I came of age and into my abilities, she was rescued by a golden eyed man who said to find the long houses past the castles in the snows should I need her."

Little could she know that she'd already spoken a few clues that would peak her inquisitor's interest even more than her physical presence already had. She felt a connection she didn't quite understand that she felt between them. "Do you know of those in the snowy tundra west of here? Besides yourself of course" She asked. The worst he could say would be no, so she didn't figure it would hurt to ask.

Offline Kron

• Vassal
    • Loki
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »
After his nephew and quite devout follower had finally left the area, Seth took to a very slow circling around the female that intrigued him so. Oh that itching in the back of his head that barely filled his mind had only hit him with a few others, Thjalfi was one, but that boy wasn't as interesting as this one. The right side of his mouth curled up in a partial smirk as he noted she was a strong-willed woman, definitely strong enough to take on any of the males in his family. "Your mother," he said quietly, almost asking for confirmation.

It was the words about her mother's savior that caught his attention and made him stop in front of her with his right side to her front, and his eyes focused to the ground as if he could bore hole in it by thought. "A golden eyed man. Was he human?" Curiosity so severely peaked that it could be seen in his eyes as he looked down within hers for the answer if he could see it, but that wasn't his forte. "Did you catch a name? Perhaps... Domiel... or Heimdahl?" Loki's sharp mind was starting to work overtime. With witnessing his father's anger against the beloved guardian, he thought if he could tie this to the busy-body, it might be part of the reason the punishment looked so grandiose.

He heard her next question, but it almost didn't register in his mind. "My family took residence there, but I was not born, nor did I fall there." He stated. "Do you think she is in the Northmen Lands?" Searching her features, he could not place the features she carried with any of the Fallen females within the region. "Or do you just think the golden eyed man is there and he knows where she has....." It hit him she knew about the portal that opened between the Marakai and Earth, so she'd had to have traveled at least that far west, though maybe not through the snows.

"Have you crossed the portal's boundaries?" His eyes narrowed as he questioned her. He wondered just how much she knew about the enemy and if she was actually able to be trusted. For if she wasn't trustworthy, he would not let her into the lands of his father's home without purpose. It was more than obvious he wasn't in the way of trusting her openly, but the fact that she could pull off the prowess she might actually have with a single stance and stare was not helping his chaotic mind to focus on the right thing either.

Any movement made by the unknown female, Seth mirrored to stop her from going wherever it was she wanted or thought she would. "I didn't catch your name.... and I know my nephew or his however far descended grandchild called me Loki, so you have something to call me. I prefer, though I can, not to call you woman, as I would a serving wench." Was he testing her patience? Maaaay....be.

Offline DC Viking

• Vassal
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »
Rachiel, an extremely patient woman, found this male to be a bit annoying. But thus far he'd not done too much to warrant her animosity, at least not at first. She noted his mirroring of her movements and nearly scoffed at him. Finally, she motioned toward the entrance into the main hall of the fortress. "It will get much colder out here as we reach the time the Underworld creatures thrive." She kept eye contact, at least until he started walking with her. "I'll have those who live here warm another set of rooms for you and ensure that the one your nephew brought is kept warm and comfortable without releasing her."

She thought it interesting that this male was upon her as if she were a threat to his position here, that she knew was not his, or at least not yet anyway. She decided, instead of being confrontational, she would try to be agreeable and forthcoming. She'd not dealt with someone like Seth before, though, she had heard stories of all her mother's sons from behind the Gates. "I know he wasn't human, and I have no memory of his scent carrying fur or death. I also remember that he bartered with the one he saved her from during the height of the sun." She spoke of the portions of memory she could muster.

"She was kept in shackles, that unbeknownst to our former master, stopped mother from unfurling her wings and escaping." She changed languages so that those within the fortress could not understand them, and hoped that the male with her would do the same. "Every night after the master went into slumber, she would scrawl symbols in the dirt in an attempt to call upon help, but none came for at least a decade. The night before my eleventh year is when the golden eyed man came into the hut we were housed in."

Her face for a few moments housed a frown as she worked to pull in as many details as she could. Her eyes narrowed, and she barely realized that the male whose attention she'd captured had helped guide her so she didn't walk into a wall or a door. "Son of .... something, I cannot remember right now... a seer I think is why his eyes were gold mother said." She shook her head and looked to Seth whose features were quite stoic, though she did note his eyes were not.

"She told him of her plight and who she was trying to find. They came up with a plan to save both of us, but during the bartering, the master would only part with one of us. When the golden eyed man chose me as what mother wanted, the master tried to have him killed and sent mother with him." She leaned her head from one shoulder to the next, aligning her cervical vertebrae properly that had gone out from the stress of the memory.

"Mother said she would send her sons to get me when she found them. Sons of three, of light, of fire and of magic..." She gave a faint smile, "But they never came for me and the master moved for a good number of years quite often, though leaving a blood trail in his wake. He did train me as if I was his heir and made me prove myself against his best men within two years of mother leaving. If I could not beat them, I was to have to wed the first I lost to... That did not bode well in my mind."

She stopped when they entered the large parlor that had chairs, chaise, and couches along with a rumbling fire. Rachiel brought her hands out toward it to warm them. "I finally lost, because of becoming distracted. I have a mortal lineage with a curse because of it. I was waiting for the replacement for the current human emperor of the Orient to arrive but I got this very strong need to come this way again. I was hoping it was mother calling."

The smile turned sad for a moment, "I was hoping I could finally meet the sons she told me of. I know I am her daughter by choice not by blood, but that does not make me miss her or love her as my mother any less." She looked at the one questioning her and the sad smile melted away. "I am Rachiel, adopted daughter of Auriel, wife to Adam, one of five males my existence was hidden from because the wrath of four would be worse than any Seraphim force The One created." Oh she had no clue what can of worms she just opened up. Her eyes stared at the flames of the fire  for a brief second longer then lowered, "Something or someone must be threatening her existence for me to feel this strongly about finding her..."

Offline Kron

• Vassal
    • Loki
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 10:38:52 PM »
The girl's memory seemed extremely good , but there was little in the way of names. Some things felt and sounded all too familiar. She had captivated Seth near as quickly as Sif/Chastity had before he had fallen. But Rachiel was holding his attention, something that none had done since his late companion, he couldn't explain it, nor at first did he seem to want to. As they came to the fire, he helped her with her robe that covered the portion of her armor she wore. The armor was different from his own and while he could have made a production out of it, he mentally searched for Cyril's eldest grandchild to request that they find her more appropriate armor for the region... even if they had to steal it from a neighboring village. He also wanted two handmaiden's brought to care for this woman and two for the one below that carried the next generation of his Lykke lineage, that apparently was being reinvigorated by Fallen blood.

The story of what she remembered about growing up and the woman she called mother was intriguing. This woman, whom he would soon come to know as Rachiel, spoke of her mother as if she were human, but the shackles used to chain her were not normal, meaning, whether those who captured her knew it or not, were in league with demons, likely an Archon. Why else would a Celestial being before or after falling willingly subject him- or herself to such an embarrassment? Of course, Rachiel could not officially know or state that this woman had birthed her and The One had ensured, not one, but both children of her family would survive to go their own paths without the influence of their father who was on the verge of Falling from Grace from the day his focal power came to the forefront.

Seth rubbed his chin after tossing the robe over a chaise as he listened to her. And for ten years? There must have been something special about this woman before him to withstand such sacrifice. The words started about the golden eyed man and his ears perked a bit more. "So he did try to save you both?" He wondered why this golden eyed man hadn't just taken her, what he'd seen if he were a seer, that stopped him from letting the sons of this woman know what needed to be done. "And how long ago did this happen?"

Suddenly Seth's heart seemed to stop as the descriptions of her mother's sons became a focus in his mind. of light, of fire, of magic? His movements stilled and he looked at her. No... she can't be speaking of... His arms suddenly thrust forth and grabbed her squarely by the shoulders, turning her to face him. It was then she spoke this mother's name and to couple it with his father's and the threat that would be should it be known! She fell! Oh she was never to fall. His tone sounded threatening as "You're lying..." slipped growling through his lips. But he could see she wasn't. His fingers trembled ever so slightly, "you have to be lying..."

If his brothers had been around, he would not have allowed it to seem as if he was melting at the very thought of his mother being tossed from behind The Gates. His head slowly turned from side to side as if mimicking his thoughts of no. He did not break down in tears, but for a few minutes, the chaos in his eyes could not be seen. "Did the golden eyed man know who she was?" He asked as his eyes locked on hers, attempting to force her to answer only the truth, though he didn't need to manipulate her mind to do so.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:08:58 AM by Wenchie »

Offline DC Viking

• Vassal
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »
Rachiel nodded. "He did, but he was under strict instructions not to harm them and to follow their traditions. If he had any powers or was something other than human, he did not show it. I happen to believe however, that he was like we are." She hmm'd as she tried to figure out how long ago she and her mother parted ways. "I have lost count, but somewhere over two and a half millennium ago. She said she was going to look for her husband and her sons."

Suddenly Rachiel was being twisted away from the fire, having only removed the upper armor and gripped the waistband to remove the skirted portion. Her eyes came to Seth's as he accused her of lying, and while she could have started a fight with him then, she realized that something she said triggered a memory or a familiarity that touched his heart. "Loki... what is .... it?"

Then he asked again about the golden-eyed man she could not remember the name of. She shook her head. "I don't think so. We never spoke in front of him. He was pretty scrawny back then, quiet young and she wasn't sure he was entirely trustworthy. Mother was certain she could kill him should be betray her." Her eyes searched his, and the moment she answered his questions, she could see the chaos coming back to the forefront. She tried to ease his mind, though she didn't know why she would even care, "She was formidable with spells. I know a few, but nothing like she did. Her healing abilities were nothing less than miraculous to the humans we were with... and her illusions..."

She tried to back away, but his grip was rather tight. "I am glad I did not do as she said to..." She tilted her head to try to get his attention away from holding her still. "She told me to go home...  back where I think I was born." She moved her shoulders to indicate politely to let them go. "That means I wouldn't have met you... I am thinking perhaps one of her sons?" She was quick on the uptake but she still questioned why he would so such angst... "Or are you Adam?"

Offline Kron

• Vassal
    • Loki
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »
Seth was having a difficult time taking in this information and not hurting the woman giving it. If she had not kept talking, distracting his mind, throwing it into a bit more chaos than he could think through, she likely would have found herself in a world of hurt rather quickly. "I am Sse....."  But it was the name of his father that struck the wrong chord and he suddenly back up, swinging his left hand and connecting with her right cheek, "Do not mention his name?!" His mind was irrational, and usually chaos worked to his advantage, but that Seraphim instinct to protect his family kicked in suddenly. "His birds only need hear his name!!??!!" The chaos had another effect that both would see later, but for now, Rachiel would find herself being advanced upon by an angered Fallen she didn't know.

"You are here to seduce me to betray my family?!!!!" He spat at her as he started swinging, though his patterns were not normally how he fought, the balance of that chaos was gone. This would have been one thing that his brothers perhaps would never guess: even over Sif, their mother's name, the thought of her, made him come unglued. "Which Archon sent you? Why would you defile your beauty by doing the bidding of demonspawn?"

Wildly slashing his sword through the air, he missed not being focused, and likely a good thing as soon he would find the woman before him was unarmed and had not summoned her dedicated sword. She was more agile than he and that was saying quite enough as he was likely the most agile of the three sons of Auriel and Adam.

Offline Persephone

• Vassal
    • Persephone
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 11:52:50 PM »
The infusion of chaos woke this sleeping child of Baldur from her spelled slumber and while she should have been locked in the cell, the door was ajar as the servants were still setting up the room for her comfort. The blond rushed through the corridors and great halls until she saw who she thought was her brainwashing husband attacking another woman, who was dodging him. "Hades!" She nearly screamed as she used her small size and speed to whip around the front of Seth and placed herself in between the female and who she thought her spouse.

"Calm... the chaos brings others you will have to share your lands....." Finally catching a full view of his face she realized she was not speaking to her husband, as her hand slid down his cheek to his chest and her eyes widened. "Who...." came out near breathlessly. She looked to the woman that the unknown male had been attacking. "Where?" She found herself being yanked behind that very woman, but not released as suddenly three quite large women came into the great hall with a yank of a thick brocade golden chord.

As soon as the women were close enough, she found herself thrust toward them and being hauled back downstairs to the room she came from. There would be issues when the one that she'd stepped in front of recklessly realized what happened.

Offline DC Viking

• Vassal
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 11:13:22 PM »
Rachiel was somewhat expecting a not so pleasant reaction with how Loki's demeanor began changing, but she'd definitely not expected his attack. What had she done? "Loki?!" She called out several times as she dodged his swings. Luckily for her he didn't contact with her body, though there were now several pieces of furniture that would need to be replaced.

"What in the name of The One are you upset about?" She finally got a moment to ask, but no sooner did she ask than the formerly sleeping blond appeared and put herself into harms way.

He stopped swinging and the blond was touching him. Rachiel let out a whisper that sounded like a whistle to the ears the summoning wasn't meant for. Placing her hands in front of her she moved closer. "Loki, she's under your protection... don't you hurt her," She said whispering but in a demanding voice. She was able to get close enough to reach out and snatch Persephone away from Loki, especially after she called him someone else.

While 99.9% of Rachiel's existence was spent in the Orient, she listened to the seers and other creatures that tried to travel from west to east. She knew well that the blond was calling him by both the Greek/Roman god of the Underworld and by the name of an Archon that was hellbent on breaking all the Archonic Laws that separated their species. Once the girl was out of the way, she moved forward and put her hand on his wrist, the wrist connected to the hand holding the hilt of his not yet flaming sword.

"Loki?" She spoke the name he gave her quietly and gently. "What did I say? Tell me so I can explain so you won't be angered." She questioned. Rachiel made and kept eye contact with Loki and did not move away until she was able to get him to reflexively put his sword back in its sheath. Keeping his eyes drawn to hers, Rachiel was able to gain command of the Elder Fallen, even if he didn't know he was older than she from memory. Allowing her presence and calm state to permeate the air between them and keeping her eyes with his, "Loki, what is your birth name? Who are Auriel and the other to you for you to know his name can summon him?"

She deduced his wasn't Auriel's husband, but she wasn't going to assume that this was one of her sons. "Loki?" She worked to focus his mind. "Loki, I am Rachiel. Auriel saved me from certain death when I was born. Do you know her? Can you help me find her?" That moment, the sensuous but childlike yearning slipped through her voice as a hope she had kept for so long might actually be within her reach.

Offline Kron

• Vassal
    • Loki
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 10:10:41 PM »
The near Ancient Fallen was almost seething as Persephone put herself between he and his target. The children within her stopped him from moving forward and plowing through her to get to his intended target. The small portion of his mind used for verbal recognition held him in place until Persephone was out of danger, but that was long enough for the slippery female to work her own magic. So much like Chastity, this Fallen had his complete attention the moment she moved into action. Chastity never, even in their arguments, had to call upon her own weapons to defend herself against him, mostly his words.

Trying to pull his eyes from hers, Seth failed miserably. "Mother had no daughters of her own. She adopted one who was betrayed and killed for love. No others... no... oth...ers." The name of his mother stirred him in a different way than the anger he had displaying at the thought of his father being summoned. Little did he know that his father was not in his Valhalla home.

Seth's eyes dove into hers this time, his voice near cracking as he spoke. "I am son of Auriel, whom I have not seen since before I fell. Third son, the one you called of magic. She and my father named me Seth." His sword arm lowered; his sword coming to rest on the nearest chaise. The other hand came up to her cheek; his thumb of said hand moved to the other side of her chin to cup her face. His grip could have been harsh, but it was not. He watched to see her reaction, trying to mask his own emotions. "Every female ever near and dear to me has been taken from me. I will not let you take her from me if she still lives and breathes."

His words were barely on the stern side as they came out in a matter-of-fact tone. Seth's eyes looked for any glimmer of speaking this woman's plans, catching a thief or betrayer before having the time to complete the task. "You will find I will protect her even more vehemently than my father or my next oldest brother ever could or would... her eldest son was dispatched quite a number of centuries ago. The boy that brought the fair-haired one is his eldest. He's around your years."

His nostrils flared as he picked up on a scent from her that was a little surprising as she had no other tells. "I smell nervousness on you.  Pray tell, what would you have anxiety about?" Oh this quandary started to move his mind in a direction that wasn't at current so suspicious that he would reclaim his sword and run her through. "Are you hiding something from me?" The nervousness wasn't a deceptive tension in the least.