Username:

Password:

* Nevereskaya Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Krisper: Happy New Year to you too Elysia! And everyone else lurking around. :)
    January 11, 2018, 07:34:31 AM
  • Elysia_Lovelace: Happy New Year!
    January 02, 2018, 12:49:43 PM
  • Krisper: Happy Halloween everyone! Sorry for the Houdini act on my part. I will try to get back in the swing of things!
    October 31, 2017, 08:20:18 AM
  • Krisper: Take your time! I'm still getting back to other replies, and I know Dizzy is still getting familiarized with everything. :) I look forward to your reply though!
    March 28, 2017, 07:57:13 AM
  • Soldier: I will try to get replies in tonight!
    March 27, 2017, 10:29:29 PM
  • Soldier: Post!!!!!!!
    March 27, 2017, 10:28:45 PM
  • Krisper: No worries. I've been slacking too with it getting so close to my wedding.
    February 09, 2017, 11:12:18 AM
  • Tsou Lin Doku: So Sorry about the delay, we have been busy moving. I should be able to start posting soon
    February 08, 2017, 02:03:07 AM
  • Krisper: Hello Erlok! Welcome to Nevereskaya!
    February 02, 2017, 09:52:35 AM
  • Erlok Naskrov: hello
    February 01, 2017, 09:11:02 PM
  • Kerrick Gha'Ka Azov: Hello out there. Hope everyone is doing good!
    January 31, 2017, 12:08:49 PM
  • Tsou Lin Doku: thanks
    January 07, 2017, 10:39:25 PM
  • Elysia_Lovelace: Welcome back!!!!
    January 07, 2017, 09:32:52 PM
  • Krisper: Welcome back!
    January 07, 2017, 08:22:12 AM
  • Tsou Lin Doku: I'm back i will have post in soon
    January 07, 2017, 02:51:43 AM
  • Krisper: Merry Christmas and safe travels! We'll be here when you return. :)
    December 21, 2016, 12:03:49 PM
  • Tsou Lin Doku: Just finished finals and now we are going on vacation for two weeks in Texas. As soon as i get back i will have time to post. Merry Christmas everyone!
    December 21, 2016, 01:40:57 AM
  • Tsou Lin Doku: orry for being gone! We traveled for Thanksgiving, and i am getting ready for finals week. i will post as soon as i am able
    November 30, 2016, 04:39:44 PM
  • Elysia_Lovelace: Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    November 24, 2016, 10:07:51 PM
  • Krisper: Happy Thanksgiving all!!
    November 24, 2016, 09:11:56 PM

Author Topic: Lights Go Out  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Lucretia Medora

• Vassal
    • Lucretia
Lights Go Out
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:36:21 AM »
Lucretia & Rohan continued from Breaking the Same Old Ground

The light from the break of dawn began to creep through the windows of the room Lucretia was in. She sat in an uncomfortable chair, her legs draped over one side as she rested her head against the back. She hadn’t slept really, just a moment of rest here and there as she awoke to any sound she heard. The light of day was now shining on her face and there would be no chance of even a small amount of rest. The old man wasn’t stirring yet, and neither was the one that was laid out on the table. Lucretia would look over to Rohan, looking at his chest to ensure it was still rising and falling with breath.

It was.

Lucretia had dried blood all over her that she hadn’t bothered to wash off. Instead she had focused on suturing the wound on Rohan’s neck. She had cleaned it with melted snow, followed by whiskey to sterilize it before she sewed it with needle and thread. Then she bandaged it best he could, but the bandages were already crimson with blood.

Pushing herself to her feet, she moved to his side and began to take the bandages off gently. She would have to clean the wound again and check to see if it needed more suturing, or if it was just oozing as it healed. As she tended to him, the old man would awake and join them. “Can I do anything Lass?”

Lucretia would glance up to him then… She had everything she needed to care for him, but he could still use the expertise of a doctor. “This man knows people in the Palace… go there and tell them Rohan has been attacked and is injured. They need to send their doctor and some guards here to carry him.” The old man would look at her incredulously, as if she were kidding, but he could tell she weren’t the type to joke. Within a few minutes he had departed, pulling his cloak tight about him.

Offline Rohan Naois

• Vassal
    • Rohan
Re: Lights Go Out
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
If it were possible for him to be conscious in this state, he would probably die of shock at the sight of the person that was tending to him and trying to save his life. Never in a million years would he have thought the woman who had framed him for theft, after a one night stand, would be at his side suturing a wound on his neck that would have surely had him dead had he been left in the alley last night.

But as it was, he was nowhere even close to coming to consciousness after the attack. His body was still in shock from the blood loss, trying to heal but he needed more than sutures and a kind touch. He needed the healing balms and elixirs that was more than Lucretia could get him. Now his fate rested in the hands of the old man that was venturing to the Palace to let them know of his fate. Hopefully the old man moved faster than he looked.

Offline Lucretia Medora

• Vassal
    • Lucretia
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 10:57:43 AM »
Lucretia had glanced at the old man as he left before quickly returning to the wound she was tending to. Carefully she would pull the bandages off, making sure not to tear the sutures and trying to make it so it was the least painful as possible. Of course he was still unconscious, so the pain wasn't even registering. Lucretia would grab a clean rag and the new bowl of freshly melted snow, dipping it and soaking the rag in the liquid before beginning to clean the wound.

It was quiet around them, only the sound of their breathing as she went through the process of cleaning and rewrapping the wound. Then she would take the soiled cloths, bandages, and water and toss them out. She would grab a few new ones and then grab some fresh snow to put in the bowl to melt before returning to Rohan's side. Placing the bowl and rags down, she would look up toward him with a sigh.

Offline Rohan Naois

• Vassal
    • Rohan
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:12 AM »
Rohan still lays there, unconscious, shallowly breathing.

Offline Lucretia Medora

• Vassal
    • Lucretia
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:00:29 PM »
Lucretia went about dressing the wound with fresh bandages, but knew that he would need herbs and other ointments in order for them to heal without disease setting in. Half an hour had passed by the time she was done, and she knew that shortly the old man would return with guards and all the pomp and circumstance that Rohan would warrant. That was one particular situation that Lucretia did not wish to be a part of.

And so, once she had finished she looked back at Rohan momentarily before slipping out the back. She made sure not to leave anything behind that would be evident of her presence or part in the care of Rohan or the wound.

Offline Coris te'Har Markalov

• Vassal
    • Lieutenant Colonel of the Imperial Army
    • Coris
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 11:28:36 AM »
Continued from Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The journey from the palace to the old man’s apartment seemed to take forever, the snow thickening about them as a fresh layer of white fell upon the ground. As they turned into the alleyway, the crimson evidence of the attack had already been hidden by the snow. “Right here! The girl was caring for him best she could,” the old man would say.

When they entered, Rohan lay on the table, freshly bandaged but still in a critical condition. Around them, there was no ‘woman’ to be seen, but it was obvious as they approached that the bandages could not have been applied by the old man. For one, they were too fresh and the old man had been with them… and two, the old man’s hands shook like a quake and there was evidence of stitching poking out from the bandage that would not have been possible for the man to do.

The mysterious woman the old man spoke of was of no consequence to Coris though, instead calling the guards that accompanied them to circle the table. “Cut the legs off, we will use this as a stretcher.”

Offline Rohan Naois

• Vassal
    • Rohan
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 09:42:54 AM »
Still unconscious, Rohan wouldn’t know that it was Lucretia’s hands that had taken care of his wounds. Nor would he notice when she slipped away before the old man had returned with Coris and the rest of them. The only witness to who had helped him was the old man, and his words could only be taken at face value

Besides, with their history… the likelihood of believing it was Lucretia that had helped him was laughable.

Offline Aequitas Markalov

• Adventurer
    • Aequitas
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 10:32:28 AM »
To say that Tess had lost her normal sense of calm and control would be an understatement. She had been yelling at the guard and the servants and anyone who would listen when word of the attack on Rohan came to her... It was lucky that her father was there as apparently Tess finally was unable to keep an even keel.

Coris had instructed the guard to fetch the doctor, and Tess had run alongside her father to where Rohan was laid up.

As she walked in to see him bandaged up but still in pretty bad shape, a sense of dread and worry came over her that was not typical. While not her brother, Rohan was the next closest thing to her as family, and she suddenly dreaded the possibility of losing them both. As the guards rushed to make a stretcher, Tess moved to Rohan's side and took his hand, holding it in her own as she fought back tears. "Rohan... Rohan? Can you hear me?"

Offline Coris te'Har Markalov

• Vassal
    • Lieutenant Colonel of the Imperial Army
    • Coris
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
The guards quickly went to work on the table, breaking the legs off and fashioning a stretcher to carry Rohan back to the Palace. The panic and worry was evident in Tess's voice, Coris approaching her and placing a hand upon her arm as she tried to talk to Rohan. It was clear as day that the boy wasn't going to respond. 

"My Dear... please, allow space for the guards to take him," he would say to Tess with the softest tone he could muster. She had tears in her eyes and he knew that she must be worrying now that she'd lose both her brothers... blood or not. Coris reached for her, placing both hands upon her arms and gently rubbing them, "It will be alright Tess."

Whether that was the truth remained to be seen, but as her Father he tried to comfort her in whatever way was possible. Gently he walked with her away from the table, allowing room for the guards to do as needed.

Offline Rohan Naois

• Vassal
    • Rohan
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »
When Tess took his hand, there was no reaction from Rohan. He did not hear a word she said, nor anything that was going on around him. There was a coldness to his hand, a palor to skin indicative of the blood he had lost, his breathing shallow. If he had been awake, he would have tried to reassure her, but there was no possibility of that. It was now just up to fate.

Offline Aequitas Markalov

• Adventurer
    • Aequitas
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 10:54:57 AM »
The tears that were welling up in her eyes were now streaming down her face, her gaze locked on Rohan as her father took her gently and walked her aside. Her lip was trembling, unable to tear her gaze away from the sight before her as the guards began to move to turn the table into a gurney.

“Who did this?” she muttered through choked back sobbing, finally turning her gaze to her father. “Why is all this happening?”

Tess then burst out in tears, unable to hold it all back anymore. No longer could she keep the brave face, not any longer, and not with her father before her. She collapsed into his arms, sobbing as she buried her face against his chest.